*District Convention in Kalamazoo, MI March 9-11—7 members are going, which is an increase from last year’s 3 members
*Key Leader May 4-6
Upcoming Service Opporuntities:
*Making blankets for charity
All year service projects:
*Collecting items for the Dutton Food Pantry
- jars of peanut butter
- instant oatmeal
- breakfast bars
- canned spaghettios/pasta with the "POP lids
- canned fruit with the "POP" lids
- hot chocolate
*Volunteering at Station Creek Retirement Home
- BINGO every other Wednesday beginning on October 19th
- Cleaning up around the school/gardening
Upcoming Fundraising events:
- Ongoing-collecting juice pouches to make bags and folders to sell at Caledonia elementary schools and in the community. The bags are called "re-bags" as they are 100% recycled.
- Another Ping Pong Tournament
- Dodge Ball Tournament in spring
Key Club donated $100 to Aktion to help with soccer uniforms for special olympics
Key Club is an organization designed to develop
initiative and leadership as well as providing experiences in working together to serve Caledonia High School and the Caledonia community.
Key Club helps to prepare students for useful citizenship and cooperation with others.
Key Club encourages daily living the Golden Rule and creating and maintaining positive friendships
within the school environment.
Key Club Photo Albums
Key Club teams up with Aktion Club to make Re-Bags and unique folders out of juice boxes.
Bags & Folders now on sale.
(click link to see pictures)
All money raised goes to a local charity.
We had an awesome time at our BONFIRE on September 29th. Fun games, pizza and great conversation. Students came to check out Key Club in spite of the huge storm!
Key Club DONATED Money!
Key Club donated $208 dollars in September to Project Eliminate. This project helps save and protect millions of mothers and their future babies by eliminating maternal and neonatal tetanus.
Service projects already complete:
- July 23rd Lee Norman Benefit
- Sept. 15th weeding on CHS grounds
- Sept. 28th washing juice pouches after school
- Oct. 6th weeding on CHS grounds
- Oct. 8th car seat safety event at the Caledonia Fire Barn from 10-2
- Oct. - Creating a logo
- Oct. 13th - Gardening @ CHS
- Oct. 19th - BINGO at Station Creek
- Oct. Cleaning school windows
- Oct. 20th - Cleaning Re-bags
- Oct. 26th - Bagging for Dutton Pantry
- Oct. 27th - Fright Night
- Oct. Collecting re-bags
- Nov. Cleaning re-bags
- Nov. Bingo -at retirement home
- Nov. Bagging for Dutton Pantry
- Nov. 3rd - Cleaning @ CHS
- Nov. 10th - Cleaning @ CHS
- Nov. Collecting re-bags
- Dec. Clothing & Food Drive
- Dec. Cleaning re-bags
- Dec. Bingo at retirement home
- Dec. Christmas decorations
- Dec. Collecting re-bags
- Jan. Tournament set up
- Jan. Cleaning re-bags
- Jan Bingo retirement home
- Jan Dutton food bagging
- Feb. Bingo at retirement home
Key Club thanks you for your
Key Club Photo Albums
Ordinary people performing
Kiwanis, through guidance and example, works to develop future generations of leaders. Every day, Kiwanians are revitalizing neighborhoods, organizing youth-sports programs, tutoring,
building playgrounds, and performing
countless other projects to help
children and communities.
Key Club meets in the Lower Forum Room every Thursday at 2:50
Everyone is welcome!
The meeting usually last for 20-30 minutes and then the students that are able to stay and do acts of service at school (i.e. gardenting, cleaning, bagging food, washing juice pouches, etc.). If a student does not have transportation, Mrs. Kuppler can arrange a late bus to meet them at KRAFT MEADOWS Middle School at 3:40 p.m.
FOR THE 3rd year in a row--CHS Key Club has received the EARLY BIRD AWARD for turning our dues in early/on time!